Shopify is the most commonly used software by D2C & e-commerce brands to easily set up and run their online commerce stores. Do you need to regularly export data from Shopify to Google Sheets? We suggest using a plugin or Shopify app that will help you automate such data exports and avoid repetitive manual workflows.
What you need to extract Shopify data to Google Sheets automatically
⏳ Two minutes of your time (or less!)
🖱 Clicking a few buttons
😎 Knowing which metrics you want to see
1. Connect Shopify and Google Sheets
2. Create Shopify Report in Google Sheets
3. Automate Data Updates
Key benefits vs other ways
🤩 No installation needed
🤩 No knowledge of Shopify API needed
🤩 2-minute setup
🤩 See Shopify Advanced Reports using Basic account
💡 Google Sheets Extension
🌟 Commonly used Shopify report templates
Step 1: Setup Shopify and Google Sheets integration
1. Start by going here: tryamigo.com/imports/create
2. Connect to Shopify and log in using your Shopify store credentials (or use the email ID connected your team’s Shopify store)
3. Click “Add App” to add Amigo’s app on Shopify Store
Step 2: Extract data from Shopify to Google Sheets and set custom reports
You should see a reporting creation page (as below) – set parameters (time range, your list of metrics, data refresh schedule).
You can choose from all the metrics that Shopify’s Advanced Reports would provide you – even with a basic Shopify account if you use Amigo.
Step 3: Automatically update Shopify data in Google Sheets
To avoid manually updating the data, Amigo has a neat feature to choose a data refresh schedule – you can set this up on the report creation page itself.
Import to Google Sheets – Done!
Congrats – you have fully automated a data extract from Shopify to Google Sheets 🎉
You can continue creating such reports while following the same workflow. Your Amigo Dashboard will contain all the data imports you create. If you feel like editing any report, you can always do that by clicking on the file name and changing the parameters on the report creation page.
Editing Shopify reports in Google Sheets
If you want to continue editing Shopify data reports within Google Sheets itself, you could also use Amigo’s Google Sheets Add-on
What are some common Shopify data exports and reports and how to automate them?
We spoke to hundreds of D2C brands to find out the most common use cases for exporting Shopify as well as to identify the most popular Shopify data reports. We have used this research to create many preset Shopify report templates that you can use to set up your store performance measurement. Read more here.
Our research found these were the 5 most popular Shopify report templates-
- Daily store performance –
- To keep regular track of store sales
- Customer list generation
- Information on a customer’s location & purchase
- Contact details for re-engagement through email marketing
- Order level information
- Information on the fulfillment status of each order
- SKU-wise product sales
- Individual product-level sales performance
- Track out-of-stock SKUs
- Shopify sales combined with Google & FB Ads
With Amigo, you can set up such commonly used Shopify reports quite easily.
We hope this short guide helps you save hours on Shopify to Google Sheets data exports!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Shopify to Google Sheets data exports
1. Why can’t I use Zapier for Shopify to Google Sheets data exports?
You may use Zapier for syncing Shopify data to Google Sheets- however, while Zapier is a fantastic workflow automation tool, it isn’t really custom built for reporting or BI purposes. You’ll find Amigo much more user-friendly to export data from Shopify.
2. How to export Shopify data to Google Sheets?
Go to Google Sheets -> Extensions -> Download ‘Amigo Data’ -> Launch Extension -> Import Data from Shopify to Google Sheets.
3. How to combine Shopify data with Google Ads?
To do this manually, you will need to export CSV files from Shopify & Google Ads separately. A better way to do this without any code to use a report template that combines Shopify & Google Ads data – use this link to set up a combined report for Shopify and Google Ads. If you’d like to just export Google Ads data to Google Sheets, read our quick guide here on the same.
4. Can I combine Shopify PostGreSQL with an integration tool too?
Yes, you will need to create a data pipeline from Shopify to PostGreSQL. Hevodata, Airbyte and others offer such integrations but are largely geared towards technical users. You can use Amigo’s no-code data pipeline tool to connect Shopify to PostgreSQL. You can reach out to [email protected] and we will get you started immediately.
5. Can I directly export Shopify to GSheets?
You will first need to export it as a CSV file and then upload the CSV file to a Google Sheet.
One-time manual export of Shopify data to Google Sheets
- In your Shopify admin, first head to the relevant page (e.g. Orders or Products) from which you would like to export data.
- Click Export Button
- To Customize data fields, click Export Options
- Click Export, Download CSV
- Open Google Sheets -> File -> Import -> Upload -> Choose CSV file
5. Can I directly combine Shopify with CRM systems?
Yes – but if you do it manually, you will have to export data from Shopify and your CRM tool (separately). With Amigo, you can easily combine Shopify order data with Salesforce CRM (Salesforce, Hubspot) or databases (MySQL, PostGreSQL, Snowflake) and marketing data (Google Ads, Facebook Ads). Moreover, once combined, the reports are auto-refreshed when you desire – most customers love setting an auto-refresh every day morning.