Learn how to import a CSV file into Google Sheets
Why Import a CSV File into Google Sheets?
Google Sheets is a free software where you can collaborate with your team members on projects. Since CSV files are limited to offline use only, working on Google Sheet will provide you with the flexibility to work from anywhere. Moreover, everything is saved automatically in Google Sheets, thereby preventing data loss due to unforeseen circumstances such as computer crashes, low battery etc.
How to import a CSV File into Google Sheets?
1. Upload File
- Open Google Sheets.
- Select “File” → “Import” → “Upload” → “Select a file from your computer”.
2. Choose Your CSV File
- Navigate to the folder with the file.
- Choose your file.
3. Import Data
- A set of parameters will pop up.
- Select “Replace Spreadsheet”.
- Select “Detect Automatically”.
- Checkmark “Convert text to numbers, dates and formulas”.
- Click on “Open now”.
How to Import an Excel File into Google Sheets: Learn how to import an Excel file into Google Sheets.